Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Andre the Giant didn't like Macho Man?


I never realized this, but after reading this old piece from CBS Sports on Andre the Giant, he reportedly didn't like the late Macho Man Randy Savage:

Robin did not attend either of her father's two memorial services, though she was invited to the one held in France by Andre's family. Years later, as a young adult, Robin made attempts to try and learn more about her father from people that knew him professionally. When wrestlers came to town, she'd hang out near the hotel bar in the places they liked to stay, looking for people who may have known her father. Some encounters were successful, others were disappointing. 
"I met Randy Savage once, probably about 15 years ago or so," Robin said. "I talked to him for a little bit because I was asking him some questions. At one point, he just looked at me and he was like, 'I wish I could tell you more, but your dad didn't like me.' He was like, 'I had nothing but the utmost respect for him, but your dad did not like me.'"
It's always kind of stuff to piece anecdotes like this together years later with them departed, but I would love to ask some of the guys who shared the road and locker room with these two at the time why there was reported bad blood between the two.

1 comment: